|Each week our Blue Water Task Force (BWTF) volunteers sample and analyze water quality at popular San Mateo County beaches.|
Our Blue Water Task Force is made up of volunteers just like you. Find out more about the team and how you can get involved.
We Need Your Support
The cost of water testing supplies and equipment does add up. Help us continue our weekly water testing program by making a donation. Donate $25 or more and get a Surfrider T-Shirt.
More About the Blue Water Task Force
The Blue Water Task Force (BWTF) is the Surfrider Foundation's water quality monitoring, education and advocacy program. It is utilized by our Chapters and members to alert citizens and officials in their communities about water quality problems and to work toward solutions. BWTF has demonstrated success by raising public awareness of coastal water pollution levels and precipitating the establishment of state and local government water quality monitoring programs in many communities where the program has been implemented.
BWTF was established with the following objectives:
- to provide concerned citizens with the opportunity for hands-on involvement with an environmental problem solving effort;
- to gather coastal water samples on a regular basis to determine pollution patterns in the near shore environment;
- to raise public awareness regarding the extent and severity of coastal water pollution;
- to use the data collected to bring polluters into compliance; and
- to develop a model program that could influence national legislation and enforcement.