BLUE WATER TASK FORCE COORDINATOR POSITION
A Blue Water Task Force (BWTF) Coordinator must be a Surfrider Foundation Member, be able to commit approximately 5 hours a week of work on behalf of the chapter, remain in the position for a 2-year commitment, and attend a chapter meeting and or Executive Committee meeting at least every other month.
The BWTF Coordinator is a person who is interested in working with a team to use data to improve water quality! Our Chapter is an entirely volunteer-based organization with a BWTF team that takes water samples from creeks and beaches. We are looking for a data nerd who is ready for action!
Here’s what we need you to do:
- Collaborate with the BWTF Technical and Scientific leads
- Manage and organize BWTF calendar for sampling and team meetings
- Manage data quality (complete, accurate, valid)
- Analyze data to produce data visualizations and brief reports
- Coordinate with the communications team to disseminate results
- Coordinate with other chapter leaders and community to identify clean water collaborative opportunities
- Plan and help manage BWTF budget
- Conduct sampling and provide lab management support
- Track key performance areas and identify items to work on for continuous improvement
Skills that would be helpful:
- Skills in lab management; data collection, management, analysis and dissemination; and using Google Suite & MS Office. Programming a huge plus!
- Attention to detail & good communication skills
- Creative and interested in furthering the work of the Surfrider San Mateo Chapter
- Nonprofit experience
- Self-motivated and collaborative