|Beach Water Quality Test Results|
Select a beach from the pop-up menu below to see water testing results for that beach:
The Blue Water Task Force (BWTF) is the Surfrider Foundation's water quality monitoring, education and advocacy program. It is utilized by our Chapters and members to alert citizens and officials in their communities about water quality problems and to work toward solutions. BWTF has demonstrated success by raising public awareness of coastal water pollution levels and precipitating the establishment of state and local government water quality monitoring programs in many communities where the program has been implemented.
BWTF was established with the following objectives:
- to provide concerned citizens with the opportunity for hands-on involvement with an environmental problem solving effort;
- to gather coastal water samples on a regular basis to determine pollution patterns in the near shore environment;
- to raise public awareness regarding the extent and severity of coastal water pollution;
- to use the data collected to bring polluters into compliance; and
- to develop a model program that could influence national legislation and enforcement.
|We are looking for Blue Water Task Force volunteers for the following positions:|
|Water Sample Collector, Blue Water Task Force|
Collect weekly water samples from local beaches for analysis by our water testing lab.
|Lab Technician, Blue Water Task Force|
Process and analyze weekly water samples collected from local beaches to determine contamination levels.